Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Quick-assed update

This is a mega quick one. Not much time left on the net!

Firstly, thanks to everyone who came to my party! It was such an awesome night, made possible by all of you! Not to mention how much that money is helping me out :) Thanks a million!

So I'm in Dubai! I plan to write another blog that fills in more detail, but for now just some observations.. It's so different to what I had pictured! I think I've counted about 10 women in the whole half day I've been here, which is a bit amazing. The men are really helpful, but it's still a bit uncomfortable being the only girl walking around. At least the only girl without head-to-toe clothing!

I went for a walk before and walked past 37 phone/phone accessory shops in a row, with one cafeteria to break them up! Crazy, considering I've only seen about 2 people with phones!

I'll write again soon.

2 comments:

Julie's back home.... but had a fantastic time... said...

Hey.. can you get a phone from one of those places to Paul? 'Cos his phone has just .. finally.. packed it in. :)

How weird is it writing comments to you on here Lee, when we've both been doing it for everyone else.

Can I add.. what incredible friends you and Paul have too. Couldn't ask for a better bunch..
Thanks too to my friends/family for helping me yesterday/today.. You're absolute gems.

And so, that's about it. Thanks for ringing today, don't know whether it did you more good or me.. although it did reduce me to tears again.. waiters in restaurants are so understanding lol. x

Nana Gabe said...

Nicks phone has packed it in also...so how about it. Glad to hear you made it thus far. I bet it feels so surreal to you that you are there. Catch up with you again love to you