Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Have you ever wondered what yellow fever, typhoid, measles, mumps, rubella, whooping cough, dyptheria, tetanus and polio look like?



Well here it is..












With less than 30 days until I leave now, I thought I should put up a post. My Ghana adventure has finally been confirmed! I'll be leaving on Monday the 12th of February (haven't bought my plane ticket yet, but it will work out), and I'll be working in the West African AIDS Foundation for 2 months. On my way there, I'm dropping into Dubai for 3 days of desert fun, and on my way home I'll drop into Melbourne for 3 days too. I plan to set aside about 2 weeks at the end of my traineeship so I can get up to Mole National Park in Ghana, and also head into Togo and Benin. Apparently Togo is so small, it can be driven across in less than 6 hours! And as if I don't want to go into Benin to experience the birth-place of voodoo! The fetish markets will be amazing, and I have my French phrase-book handy to help me along..

I still have a lot of planning to do, which, at the moment, feels as though it won't get done. I haven't even cleaned my room since Christmas, how am I supposed to organise travel insurance?!

There are so many things to look forward to between now and when I leave! I'm having a few girls from Perth and Melbourne stay with us for a couple of days, I've got Laura's 21st, Victor Harbour with Mum, Big Day Out (Oh MY GOD!!!!), Mum's birthday, Paul coming home for my birthday (!!!!!!!!), my 21st/going away, my birthday, packing, and finally leaving! For now though, I must be off..


  1. Vaccine me up, Scotty!
  2. Malaria tablets and other antibiotics for some nasties that I'm sure to get.. The medications I am taking with me have dramatically increased in number since this photo was taken. They're going to take up half my backpack!

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Paul will be back?! How cool. Or are you just trying to guilt him into it? :)

Adam and Eva said...

Yay, we are sooo happy to know you are blogging now. It is unbelievable how much your last post about Paul leaving conjured up thoughts of Adelaide. Cheers.

Lee said...

It was looking like he would come back, but now it's not seeming as feasible. We'll see what happens! Good to see you on my blog Adam and Eva! :)

Tobias said...

..you actually do make a nice coffee!! You can make me more if you like :P

Julie's back home.... but had a fantastic time... said...

hey you might want to check if you have your French phrase book... didn't Paul take it to New Zealand with him???

Nana Gabe said...

I feel quite teary about you going .I guess because we did not care enough to turn up to pauls farewell.We know how hard it is going to be for your mum.Not a day goes by when we talk about or think about Adam and Eva or Paul. It is so exciting for you. We are so very proud of what you are doing with you life. The future is so full of surprises for you.WE will seriously miss you but know how fast our 3 mths. went. how about explaining what you are involved in for your fellow bloggers. Welcome to the clan